Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hun Hun Mr. Golden Hun!

Nun Na Na Nah, Nun Na Na Nah...Kendall's World! At least that's what it seems like these days...this entry may seem a little all over the place, but there are so many cute stories that I don't want to forget. By the way, in case you don't routinely catch Sesame Street, the beginning phrase is a take off Elmo's theme song - one of Kendall's favorite tv shows - and I'm sad to say that I know the whole song plus some of the episodes by memory. I know there is some valuable information in my brain that was forgotten to make room!

I may say this every entry, but Kendall is saying so many more words...or at least she is trying to say a lot of words. For example, she says 'hun' instead of 'sun' which I find odd because she has no trouble saying 'sissy' when referring to Leah. The other evening, she was watching her beloved Barney DVD before bedtime and we hear her singing 'hun hun, mr. golden hun'...it was so cute and funny. You can also tell we've made attempts at kicking up the discipline, as she has now picked up the words 'bad girl.' She can also be found at least three times a day chasing after the dogs (aka doe doe's) screaming 'no no doe doe's!' Hmm, you can tell we aren't huge dog fans at the moment, huh?

She loves to read, particularly her Baby Einstein "Baby's First Words" book. It's basically a toddler-proof book with lots of pictures of things labeled by name, shape, and color. Sometimes she will point to different pictures and say "dis" which means "this" and wants you to tell her what the item is. She will also take one of your fingers and use them as her personal pointer too. Lately, she says "mama?" when Trenton tells her what the item is - almost as though she is double checking that Daddy knows what he's talking about.

I will try to post some video soon of her sweet little toddler voice - just so cute! I will post details on Leah later this week since she has her 2 month check up on Friday. Can't believe it's already been 9 weeks!

4 comments:

  1. Na na na na
    Na na na na
    Elmo's world (repeat once)

    Elmo loves his goldfish
    His crayons too

    That's Elmo's world!

    Sorry, I just couldn't resist. There was a time when Elmo solved ALL of Christopher's problems. We'd just pop the video in, and the world was a better place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Even before you explained about the Barney song, I was hearing "Sun, sun, Mr. Golden Sun" in my head. Ethan used to LOVE Barney, which was awesome because it would keep him mesmerized for a good hour while I collapsed on the couch.

    Allyson hasn't watched much Barney, but I'm sure she'd love it if she did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO CUTE FOR WORDS! NO PUN INTENDED! I BET YOU CAN'T BELIEVE THAT HER FAVORITE MIMI USE TO ONLY HAVE A FEW WORDS TO SAY.......DUH? BUT SIXTY YEARS WILL CHANGE ALOT OF THINGS FOR EVERYONE! HUGS AND GOD BLESS, WHERE IS THE "HUN" TODAY??

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet!! I love reading about the girls! Keep it comin'!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! Feel free to leave a comment :)