I find Kendall to be intensely facinating...she is pint-sized but packs a punch of contradiction and extremity. What can possess a child's mind to lovingly pat her crying baby sister one minute and then steal her pacifier the next? Or give Mommy a 'Bee Hug' followed up by screaming 'No Mommy!'
Today was again a prime day for observing Kendall's greatness...this morning, Kendall and I were out back picking up 4, possibly 5, months of accumulated doggy doodie...or should I rephrase, I was picking up doggy doodie and Kendall was trying to shove the dogs in her playhouse, jump on my back, climb on the patio furniture, and dump bubbles all over her tricycle...so as I am thinking two things:
1. Picking up Doggie Poopie is like an Easter Egg Hunt without any of the candy reward
and
2. How ridiculous is it that I have to buy oodles for dog food and also have to pick up the by-products from it?
I realize that the backyard has become ominously quiet...for my 2 year old daughter has gone in the house and...just like daddy...locked me out! So I start peering through the screens of our back windows - trying to spot the little squirt and hope that she can remember how to unlock, not just lock - but the child is no where to be seen. I run around the side of the house to try and catch Trenton's attention, who is mowing the front lawn, but he can't hear me. The gate to the front of the house is locked - which I've silently (and sometimes not so silently - sorry neighbors) cursed numerous times from being locked out by Daddy - and now by Kendall. I run back to the house and try banging again on the door and windows. I start to get nervous - fortunately Leah is fast asleep in her bed - but Kendall being on the loose unsupervised can be horribly scary.
I realize then that Kendall is standing right by the window now - probably laughing and pointing her little chubby fingers at me the whole time - and I try to coax aka BRIBE her to open the door with candy and cookies...whatever will work faster...but she can't figure out the lock and tells me it's 'boken' through the window.
Finally I flag down Trenton over the fence and he comes to my rescue...little stinker.
I'll conclude with my Kendall laugh of the day...I had taken the girls in the double stroller on a run to the park while Trenton was 'de-thatching' our yard (what this functionally does, I do not know)...at any rate, on the way back from the park Kendall wanted to run herself and kept telling me "no talking - we running" over and over...
Ha! I laughed out loud about the Easter egg hunt comment. Bill wasn't as amused, probably because he is the one who hunts the doggy doo around our yard, and with Lola he's in trouble if he waits five days, let alone five months.
ReplyDeleteI think Kendall and Allyson must be kindred spirits. We were driving back from Nacogdoches yesterday and I was visiting with Bill too long, apparently. Allyson said, "That's enough talking, Mommy. Maybe you should take a break. Read a book."
I should have been aggravated at her impudence, but it was just too hilarious.