I've been thinking about this post over the past week...a couple details remain the same - I still feel very grateful for my mother and all she does for my family and I. I still feel amazed by all the fabulous mothers I know and wonder how they seem to 'do it all.'
However, I had planned to go into how, having now been through 3 Mother's Days as a mom, instead of feeling like I deserved some huge, special day, I felt so grateful to be a mother. Because we were ready for Kendall almost 2 years before she was delivered, I always felt like I wouldn't take my children for granted. It definitely wasn't as easy as we perhaps thought!
And perhaps I should rephrase...I still do feel very grateful...I love little Leah's smiles and giggles...her 'deliciously chunky' baby-ness...I love Kendall's silly monster faces and her scrunchy nosed smiley face...but the past 10 days in general have been hard.
They are still feeling really hard right now. It's not that I need help. It's just not easy. Tantrums happen. Discipline must be enforced. Mommy is not so good with these two little details.
But maybe that's what makes a mom a mom, and not a dad (no offense Dad's)...you work all day (either in the home other otherwise), you might be sick (ready to not be sick at this point), but you keep going. Kids get baths and put to bed, dinner is made and dishes are cleaned, home is kept and laundry is done.
So early Happy Mother's Day to all my Super Mom family and friends! But now I'm thinking we should totally get more than just one day...
Well said and most Moms will understand totally! Along with |ALL the wonderful times of course their will always be a few or more tough times! When your Kiddos are young they are under foot; when they are older they are in your mind aka Heart Always! Probably didn't word the saying correctly...seemed to have forgotten the last part exactly? Have a Blessed Mother's Day!!!! MiMi
ReplyDeleteI think the fact that it IS so hard is what makes moms so awesome. Happy Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteWell put my friend. I must say first off....you are a great Mother and I am totally enjoying getting to know you again. Secondly, you are right...it is hard...so hard. I have said many times I never had any idea how selfish I was until I became a mother and "my" sleep, "my" meal, and "my" time became things that often were not mine at all. However, as you said above it is such a gift. Hmmm, do you think we will ever look back and miss the tantrums??...I'm thinking no. :)
ReplyDelete